Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Next Anticipated Hard Wait

First off, no we are not done with our current wait, we have not yet received our referral. We are so excited to see his sweet face but waiting upon the Lord's timing for that to come.  I know I could definitely be wrong but I don't think the wait from referral to travel will be as hard for me personally. I know I will be so anxious to get to Rwanda and hold him but for me all the work of packing and planning to leave will keep me so busy the time will fly.  Plus I have such an easier time once I can see a date on the calendar, so it will help to see the dates of our planned travel start to come together.  Please don't hold me to these words if I totally freak out and meltdown in the next wait.

The wait I am sure will be awful is once we arrive in Rwanda.  The days when we are waiting for the elusive "To Whom" letter we need from the ministry.  A few families from our group are currently in Rwanda with their children and today they finally received their "To Whom" letters. It is a huge blessing and answer to prayer that they got their letters.  We are celebrating with them and praising God for this progress.  These letters mean the kids are theirs full time.  When we arrive in Rwanda we will be blessed with the opportunity to visit the kids at the orphanage for some time each day and at some point take the kids out of the orphanage each day with us on the different errands and appointments needed to complete the paperwork, and spend lots of hours loving on them.  BUT each evening the kids have to return to the orphanage for the night!  It has been heartbreaking knowing how difficult it must have been for our friends each night to have to take the kids back and leave them there for the night when they just want to take care of them all the time, do everything for them as their parents.  I really always imagined this would only be a night or two, so difficult in itself, but it was many more days for this group and probably for future groups with some changes in the government process in Rwanda.  I am starting now praying for God's comfort and His sustaining power to get me through this wait.  I have been up at night praying for these letters, so sad about the kids having to go back and forth and not understanding what is happening in their lives, how will I endure it when it is my child I am taking back each night. 

To focus on the positive, after this letter is obtained we will not have to separate from our son again!!!  I know God will take us through this hurdle as well and I can't wait for the day we are holding our son.  But I will be praying for that time now as I await our referral and travel.  Hoping that it is not too far off.

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment