Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting Ready

Well, we have survived the first 2 days in preparing to travel.  Yesterday we got our plane tickets.  We leave in 2 weeks on Apr 30th.  First to Denver, to meet up with our dear friends, then to Washington DC, hopefully joining up with more of our travel group, then onto Africa.  We will go to Ethiopia first then into Kigali, Rwanda on May 2nd.  It will be a new experience for us to travel so far.  I am super excited and very nervous about this long flight!  We will be in Rwanda until May 13th then to Ethiopia and home again on May 22nd.  My sister, Sam, also got her plane ticket to fly here in 2 weeks to stay with our older kiddos while we are gone.  The kids have told me they won't even miss me because baby Peyton is coming and he is so cute and he will turn 9 months soon and he is crawling now... and they have forgotten I was even in the room. 

Today, after Pinewood Derby for Cub Scouts of course, we got a few remaining items we needed before we go, a stroller, high chair and new car seat for Bailey so there is one freed up for our new boy.  We also practiced Skype"ing" and I do not know how we will speak with our children while we are gone, they just make faces at themselves and talk over one another, quite the circus. 

The warm weather is also here so we had to get the big kids some shorts and summer things today so they would be able to dress comfortably during the 3 weeks we are gone.  We are really well set now for our packing except for baby clothes, we will need to get some more of those, but so close. 

Tonight we will finalize our to do list, yes I don't just make the to do list and go, I revise and revise and on and on.  I am needing to prioritize and delegate each task to an appropriate day.  We are going to try to finish the whole list by next Sun then when we are behind a bit and all the new things pop up we will still have 5 days to go.  We'll see how that goes :)

Well, back to my to do list.  Fun Stuff!  And yes I am very sarcastic but not this time, I love "to do" lists!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment