Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Busy Day and 2 Things to Go

Until Sat I think today will be our last busy day.  We had a few obligations: school, work, cub scouts, doctor appointment and a couple errands: last trip to Walmart (I hope!) and the trip to the bank. It is crazy that the thing I am most obsessing about now is the cash.  How do I know if the money is crisp enough?  We drove our teller crazy refusing bills because they were too old or too worn looking, he was very helpful though and got us through. Soon we will see if we did a good enough job choosing our currency so the Rwandan officials know it is real and not our own creation.  What a stressful part this is :) 

I was finished with all this, home after a long day and checking these things off the To Do List and found that we have 2 remaining.  We need to pay for our accomodations/travel package to our agency and we need to pass over the Childcare Manual for our kiddos.  Yes!!  So excited to be almost done.  Usually before travel the list just grows and grows as the days pass by and the last day is awful.  I am thankful that we stayed on schedule and have these last days to spend with the big kids before we go.  Who would have thought we could have done so much in 12 days, not me.  I will have the extra time to devote to praying for my fellow travelers who maybe have more things to do this week yet. 

I will also be praying for my own mental health fearing the long flight!  It is such a long time, we will leave Sat morning and not actually arrive in Rwanda until Mon afternoon, unbelievable.  I so often just wish we could have the Star Trek transporter and immediately arrive, but I was reminded today in my bible study about how God has a plan in the travel not just the destination. My small group is working through Beth Moore's "To Live is Christ", about the Apostle Paul.  We are in his 3rd missionary journey and how he knew he needed to get to Jerusalem and maybe he was switching ships because of the frequent stops the first was making.  He ended up on a new ship which stopped for 7 days in 1 port.  But God had a plan in this stop and Paul met with many of the other believers and it was a meaningful 7 days.  I want to look for the blessings in the travel not just focus on our destination. God will be with us all the 3 days it takes to get to Rwanda, He isn't meeting me there to go to Home of Hope.  I will be blessed, I know, by the fellowship of our friends, and meeting new friends in our group. It will be a good time and I don't want to let my fear of flying deprive me of His plans in the journey.

We are so excited and after all these months of waiting it is hard to believe we are about to leave :)  Only 3 days to go!!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment