Thursday, March 31, 2011

Glimpse into our Minds

I just thought if you could read my mind you would probably understand why I may seem insane or distracted all the time.  Here is my internal dialogue today, and pretty much every day the last 2 weeks :)

About Midnight last night - "The Ministry will be opening soon, end the day with prayer for tomorrow, for all the children at Home of Hope Orphanage, for the good friends we have in our group, for word of referrals and approvals tomorrow or for God's peace if not"

2:00 am - "The Ministry may have sent us our referral, should I get up and check the email, probably not that would be crazy (though sometimes it doesn't seem all that crazy)"

6:30 am - "Must check the email, maybe we will see our picture today, or someone will have sent out their good news, nope, well it is still early, The Ministry has many hours of day left"

9:00 am - "Nothing today!  I think The Ministry is probably closed now.  But I have heard of emails being delayed we still may receive something later"

1:00 pm - "I haven't heard anything, maybe I should check that other email that The Ministry doesn't have, somehow it may have gone there, nope"

3:00 pm - "I guess we won't be receiving anything today, it probably would have gotten here by now, right?  But someone may have gotten a referral today and they just haven't emailed us all yet, praying for movement still"

6:00 pm - "Nothing new today, but the traveling families had a great day, that is always encouraging, one day that will be us.  I am still disappointed we did not hear of new movement today, and tomorrow is Friday, the last day of the week, last chance, thanking God for His blessings and that He supports us every day"

10:00 pm - "Time to really dig in and get down on my knees and pray for tomorrow! Someone will surely receive their referral tomorrow.  I pray many will come in, we can see our children finally.  And when are those approvals going to start coming in again?"

12:00 am -"Time to repeat it all again" 

So, it continues.  I am praying that I can enjoy this time, enjoy my cute, sweet kiddos and trust in God's timing for our referral to come. 

To try and distract myself we took advantage of the first really warm and dry day of spring break and went to the zoo, along with the rest of the Boise area :)  It was a lot of fun and so beautiful out.  We arrived at the zoo and the kids got all excited talking about the "vote", our zoo has those coin drop things that circle around and around and you always get to vote for something.  This time was so fun because they spotted a choice for the African Wild Gorillas, which have the largest population in Rwanda, so cool.  Here are the kids with a statue of a gorilla:
And I have to include the cute meerkat that was "dancing" with Bailey:

Hope you are enjoying your spring as well.  Time to go check the email, just in case :)

Sheri

(NOTE: for those who asked about our comments, Jeff did fix it and you should be able to comment now, thanks, we are learning)

No comments:

Post a Comment