Friday, March 25, 2011

The Coming Days

Friday March 25, 2011 started the way that many have of late.  I am up after 12 am, and I remember that Rwanda is 8 hours ahead of where I am.  I frantically (and I do mean frantically) pick up my phone and check my email to see if we got "it" yet.  What we are getting is our referral.  I feel like Charlie Bucket from Willie Wonka anxious to see that Golden Ticket.  I am almost certain that I won't see it, but I still hold out hope.  I slowly and carefully log into my email and look for a familiar name starting with a "J" that will be from "The Ministry" in Rwanda.  I know that if I do see it I am not allowed, per my marriage vows and threat of repercussion, to open, read or otherwise scan the contents.  And like Charlie Bucket I carefully, and slowly draw out the suspense...to no avail.

We know that there is a time for everything that is happening at this point, but the waiting is enough to drive anyone insane.  I also know that the more times my heart breaks from hearing, "Did we get the picture today?" is the harder it is going to get to sleep.  Not that staying awake until all hours of the night really will help.  Much like a watched pot that never boils, my computer does not spew out the desired email when I wish for it.  As it is, I am going to now close down my computer and get some sleep before I have to wake up in the morning.  Maybe just one more check of my work email to make sure that they didn't send it there by accident.  Oh well, there is always next week if we do not see it on Friday.  God is good, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment