Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Project Blanket Complete

As we continue to wait and wait and wait, you get the idea :)  I feel so motivated to do something, anything that feels like progress towards bringing our son home. We have begun collecting things we will need for the time when we travel.  We can't wait until we can go out and purchase things we need that are dependent upon his size!!  But for now we work on what we can and we research what we want to learn ahead of time. 

One thing I have worked on is a blanket for our newest son.  My grandma made us all quilted blankets when we were born, and she made a few for her great grandchildren as well. Jacob and Camryn were able to get their blankets from her but then she felt she really couldn't make them anymore.  I couldn't leave Bailey out when she was born, so while I was pregnant my mom helped me to recreate from our example blankets and I made her one as well.  Over the last year I have worked on a new one, I really knew I had plenty of time as we continued to wait for our approval, so I worked really slowly.  Recently I finally felt like I just wanted to have that finished and ready for him and check something off the list.  I finished finally and it is all ready for him to come home and warm himself as he adjusts to Idaho weather.  Here is the finished blanket:


And the big kids posed with their loved blankets:



One more thing done, we're almost ready so bring on the referral!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment