Friday, March 25, 2011

"What's behind the blue gate?"

If anybody knows Sheri and me, they know that we absolutely love our children.  They are the humor, the joy and at times the sadness in our lives.  Their prayers make us long for the innocence that they show.  Their view inspires a continued simple hope in the promise of what is to come.  Their answer to the question that is the title of this post is amazing.

When I came home this evening, I was looking at our new blog while sitting on the couch.  Bailey was looking over my shoulder, and she noticed the picture that was on our front page.  I asked her, "What was behind the blue gate?"  Without even taking a moment to think she immediately responded, "My brother."

You likely noticed the picture that is on the formatting of our blog of a blue gate on a red dirt road.  That gate is the outside of the Home of Hope orphanage operated by the Sisters of Charity.  That is who will match us with our son, who is likely currently taking care of him and who we cannot wait to see.  That blue gate is likely to bring emotions out of us that we cannot yet contemplate.  I liken it to the first time I visited Mexico on a missions trip and visited the children's home or the camp in Galeana.  That blue gate is a hope for us that soon we will have our son home with his forever family.

When we asked each of our children, "What is behind the blue gate?"  Without any prompting, each gives the same response.  Each continues to pray that we will soon see his picture, and that Sheri and I will make that emotional approach to the blue gate in Kigali, Rwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment