Friday, June 17, 2011

Homesick

I don't know for sure but I think it is probably a combination of things; following the next family in our group as they are in Rwanda to bring home their 2 new boys, being home for 4 weeks today and feeling settled in so much more. I just know that I am missing Rwanda right now. I think it is partly the fact that after some distance you remember things differently. You know how when talking with others remembering a vacation or something and everyone remembers different things and has seemed to forgotten the awful delay or problem that occured as well? Or at least your perspective is so different, like laughing at the 3 day delay, stuck in a small town in Utah, unable to get home while you wait for the car repair, not funny then though. I think we have had enough distance from our trip that the hard, very hard, stressful parts are fading quite a bit. We are not talking much about the times when we had difficulty imagining we would ever actually get to bring Isaac home. I am just thinking so fondly of the wonderful times we had those 3 weeks. Watching our friends meeting theirs boys for the first time takes me back again to when we first met Isaac and when we were there when our friends first met their daughter, just picturing Home of Hope and the wonderful ladies there. Missing all our friends so much, we had some of the best times of our lives together. I don't know when or if we will see all of them again, but I do know we will have a wonderful reunion in Heaven and enjoy reminiscing about our trip. I am sure we will really only remember the great times then. I am so thankful for these 4 weeks, we are truly a family of 6 now, just all settled in together. The kids just play together all day long. If it weren't for the 20 or so hours to fly to Rwanda I would just scoop them all up and head there for the weekend, maybe enjoy some Sole Luna or Africa Bite for lunch. But we will just day dream of Rwanda while we enjoy our day together at home. Here are the kiddos playing outside, all 4 of them!!


Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment