Sunday, May 22, 2011

What to say

Those of you who know me well know that I am never short on spoken or written words. So much so that during my senior year I was provided the Ernest Hemingway award by my AP English teacher for the lengthy essays I provided. That being said (or written), there are times over the last 3 weeks when I have been short of appropriate words to say to express my feelings about the blessing we have been provided.

Over the last 25 months, we have worked to bring home Isaac to our family. The nightly prayers, things for his room, toys and the constant questions were all reminders that he was going to be home soon. When we finally saw him,that all seemed worthwhile, and we could not wait to get him back to our family. On Friday night that finally happened after 36 hours of airports and airplanes from Ethiopia to Boise, Idaho.

The kids and our family were waiting at security for us, and the were very excited when we got there. I have never had so many hugs and kisses from the big kids in my life. Since that time, the kiddos have spent the majority of their time surrounding Isaac and playing some sort of peek a boo.

I cannot express how much we have wanted to complete this and how thankful we are that God cleared the hurdles. I know that God knows our hearts, and that He faithfully provides answers to those who will listen. Now I just need to be comfortable not having all the answers with Isaac, and trusting that we will know what to do appropriately as he grows up. We look forward to the firsts that we get to experience, and we will make sure to share what we can as it happens.

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are all back home!!!! It's inspiring to hear how God provided everything you needed when you needed it. He will continue doing that, for sure. God bless you for your love and care of one of the least of these. Debbie B

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so very happy you are home with sweet Isaac!! I miss his cute smile :)

    ReplyDelete